- 2 cups glutinous rice, soaked overnight
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup young coconut, shredded into strips
- banana leaves, passed through flames to wilt
- Grind the rice until fine.
- Transfer the ground rice to a cheese cloth. Tie the end of the cheese cloth. Press to remove excess water.
- Place the ground rice on a tray to dry a little.
- Add the sugar and young coconut. Mix well and water to form a soft mixture.
- Place 3 tablespoons of the mixture, form into a cylinder and place in banana leaves. Flatten a little before broiling over hot charcoal.
- The Tupig is done when the filling is brownish and chewy in consistency.