If you are not yet familiar with the Tortang Giniling, it’s derived from the local Pork Giniling dish. Pork Giniling is simply ground pork sauteed in a variety of vegetables and spices. To turn it into Tortang Giniling, you have to mix it with egg, form them into patties, and fry them.
A detailed way of making this quick and easy dish is found in this recipe. Try it today!
Tortang Giniling Recipe
- ½ kg Ground pork
- 5 pcs Eggs
- 2 pcs Medium-sized tomatoes chopped
- 1 pc Medium-sized potato cubed
- 1 pc Small-sized red bell pepper minced
- 2 pcs Small-sized onions chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- Cooking oil
- Heat oil in a pan. Sauté the onion and garlic until limp and aromatic.
- Add tomatoes and cook until soft. Add ground pork and cook until meat turns lightly brown in color.
- Season meat well with salt and pepper. Add potatoes and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and cook for 1 minute. Transfer in a bowl and let it cool.
- Pour beaten egg to the meat. Mix well to make sure all meat are covered in egg.
- Heat oil in a pan. Scoop 1/3 or ½ a cup of the mixture and fry until each sides of the meat is golden brown.
- Drain in paper towel to remove excess oil. Enjoy!
Image: youtube.com (Sarapchannel)