Craving for chocolate cake but you don’t have an oven (or unsure of your baking skills) Not to worry! We’ve got the perfect recipe for you!
Now you can enjoy making (and of course eating) the classic chocolate cake like it’s child’s play.
Learn this easy recipe and you’ll be having this delish cake in no time.
Steamed Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoon fresh milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pc large-sized egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
For the Choco Ganache:
- 1 cup all-purpose cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, and milk. Cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- In a bowl, lightly beat egg and vanilla. Add-in the butter-sugar mixture. Whisk together until combined.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to the milk-egg mixture.
- Pour cake batter into a cake pan and cover with foil. Place cake pan on top of the steamer and cover with a lid. Steam over medium heat for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate ganache: Scald milk in a saucepan over low heat. Add chocolate chunks and stir until chocolate has melted.
- Once cooled, pour ganache over cake, making sure to glaze all sides. Let stand at room temperature to set.