Putong Bigas or rice puto is one of the less common versions of the most popular rice cake in our country.
It has the same procedure of cooking but this one has a unique way of preparing the batter. Hint: you’d be using blended soaked rice.
Learn the full recipe and try it today!
Putong Bigas Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp baking powder
- Butter or margarine for greasing puto mold
- Puto Molds
- Wash the rice twice. Pour water on rice just enough to cover the rice and soak for 8 to 11 hours or overnight.
- Put soaked rice and the water in a blender. Process soaked rice until smooth.
- Add-in sugar, salt and baking powder. Processed until well blended.
- Transfer mixture into a bowl. Pour about ¾ full of the mixture into a greased puto mold.
- Transfer puto mold to the steamer. Wrap lid with cheese cloth or any cotton cloth to avoid water dripping on the puto. Steam puto for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool before removing from the mold. Serve and enjoy!
Image: youtube.com (Sarapchannel)