Nothing too fancy about this Potato Cheese Balls but this will surely satisfy your snacky cravings. Level up your usual French fries or cheese sticks and go for the goodness of both worlds.
To create the perfectly shaped balls with the right amount of cheesy consistency, try following this easy recipe.
Potato Cheese Balls Recipe
- 1/2 kg Potatoes (or 7 pcs small potatoes) peeled and cut into pieces
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- 1 pc Egg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- Cheese cut into cubes
- Cooking oil for frying
- Put ¼ tsp of salt into a pot of water. Add potatoes, cover, and cook over medium heat until the potatoes are soft. Then drain water from the potatoes.
- Mash potatoes using a fork or a masher. Add butter, pepper, and salt while potatoes are still hot. Mash and mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Scoop a spoonful of the mash potatoes and flatten it. Put cheese cube in the center and roll it into a ball.
- Dip potatoes in beaten egg and then roll over the bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry potato cheese balls until golden brown in color. You can also deep fry for faster cooking.
- Drain in tissue paper to remove excess oil. Serve with catsup or dip of your choice.