Spaghetti carbonara may be a well known pasta dish but of course, Filipinos have their own version.
This recipe involves a creamy sauce mixed with bacon, ham, and mushrooms. A perfect dish for a large crowd like parties, fiestas, and the likes.
Instead of ordering, try making them yourself!
Pinoy Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
- 250 g spaghetti
- 200 g bacon strips
- ¼ kg ground beef
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- 1 pc medium-sized onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 198 g can button mushroom drained
- 1 pack 250 g all-purpose cream
- 1 can 154 ml evaporated milk
- ½ to ¾ cup grated cheese
- 2-3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 pc egg beaten
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Ground black pepper
- A bit of cooking oil
- Put a bit of cooking oil and salt in a pot of water over medium heat and bring to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook according to package instruction until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Drizzle a little of cooking oil in a pan over medium heat and sauté bacon. Cook until its golden brown. Remove bacon from the pan and drain the rendered fat but set aside about 1 tablespoon.
- In the same pan cook ground beef until brown. Push cooked ground beef to the side of the pan and put butter and let it melt. Then sauté onion and garlic until limp and aromatic. Then sauté altogether with the ground beef on the side.
- Add mushroom, stir for 1 minute. Then add the bacon, stir for another minute.
- Add the cream and lower the heat. Bring to a simmer. Stir continuously. Add evaporated milk, grated cheese and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped parsley and beaten egg. Quickly mix the egg to the sauce.
- Turn off heat. Add pasta and toss to combine until pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Garnish with crispy bacon bits, parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.