- 500 g chicken, cut into serving pieces
- ½ cup pineapple chunks (fresh or canned)
- 200 ml all-purpose cream
- 1 medium sized carrot, sliced
- 2 medium sized potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sized red or green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp patis
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Pour and heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- When oil is hot enough, cook the carrots and potatoes for several minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- Remove from the oil then set aside.
- In the same oil, saute the onions and garlic until softened.
- Add- in the chicken, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Lower the heat and add- in the patis and pineapple chunks.
- Stir then cover and simmer until chicken is tender.
- Add back the pre-cooked carrots and potatoes, then add the bell peppers.
- Pour- in the cream then stir.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Continue to simmer for about 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy!