Pancit or noodles is always one of the main dish when it comes to Filipino celebrations like birthdays, baptismals, and weddings. After all, it is known as a key to “longevity”.
A good way to cook pancit is to stir fry it with meat and vegetables, locally known as Pancit Guisado.
This recipe combines the best meat and veggies ingredients to make your pancit truly special for your special occasion.
Pancit Guisado Recipe
- 226.8 g pancit bihon
- 226.8 g chicken thigh boiled and shredded
- 8 pc shrimp shell and head removed
- 1/2 pc small cabbage chopped
- 96 g carrot julienne
- 3 pc stalks celery chopped
- 82.5 g sliced long green beans
- 1 pc onion sliced into thin pieces
- 5 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 pc Chinese sausage chopped
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pc Knorr Shrimp Cube
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cups water
- Soak panic bison in water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain water and set noodles aside.
- Heat oil in a pot. Pan-fry shrimp for 1 minute per side. Remove and set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic using remaining cooking oil. Add Chinese sausage. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add shredded chicken and celery. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add Knorr Shrimp Cube. Crush the cube and continue to saute for 30 seconds.
- Pour-in soy sauce. Add parsley, carrot, green beans, and cabbage. Stir. Cover and cook for 3 minutes using medium heat.
- Add pancit. Toss ingredients using a kitchen tong.
- Season with ground black pepper and add the shrimp back.
- Toss until well blended. Cover the pot and continue to cook for 2 to 5 minutes between low to medium heat.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy!
Image: youtube.com (Panlasang Pinoy)