Paksiw Na Bangus is one of the common fish dishes Filipinos eat in an ordinary day. It is simple and easy to prepare with very basic ingredients involved.
This dish involves Bangus or Milkfish simmered in vinegar, coupled with some spices like garlic, onions, and ginger.
Try making this dish for your next meal.
Paksiw Na Bangus Recipe
- 2 pcs Bangus (Milkfish) slice in half
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 pc thumbsized ginger
- 2 pcs small-sized onion
- 2 pcs siling haba (finger chili) slice in half
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- peppercorn to taste
- Put fish in a pot.
- Add-in the vinegar, water, onion, ginger, peppercorn, fish sauce, and cooking oil.
- Apply heat and bring to a boil. Then add-in the siling haba.
- Simmer until the fish is cooked. Serve with warm rice.