- 1 slab (about 500 to 750 g) pork belly or liempo, lechon kawali cut
- Pot of boiling water
- Rock salt, as instructed below
- Aluminum foil, for wrapping
- In a pot, boil the water.
- Add- in a tablespoon of salt after the water simmers.
- Put in the slab of pork belly then cover pot and boil for 45 to 60 minutes or until tender.
- Preheat the oven at 200 C or 390 F.
- Take out the cooked pork, drain, and let it rest for a few minutes (pork slab will shrink after boiling).
- Score the top layer of the skin into squares.
- Rub about 1 tablespoon rock salt all over the cooked slab, making sure the skin side is well seasoned
- Wrap in foil, exposing only the top
- Place the wrapped salted pork on a tray and put in the preheated oven (the rack should be a step up from the middle).
- Roast for 45 minutes or until the top skin is cracked, browned and toasted (you will see some bubbling on the skin while roasting).
- Once done, carefully remove from oven and let it rest for a few minutes before chopping.
- Slice through the cuts from the skin.
- Serve immediately to enjoy the crackling skin and juicy meat slices. Enjoy!
Image: youtube.com (Panlasang Pinoy)