- 225 grams cream cheese
- 225 grams unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 15 pieces oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using a handheld mixer, cream together the softened cream cheese and butter until combined.
- Add the granulated sugar to the mixture and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the salt and the vanilla extract and continue beating for half a minute.
- Gradually add the sifted flour to the dough. Beat on low speed until it is well incorporated. Don’t forget to scrape the sides of the bowl when needed.
- Add the crushed Oreos and fold it into the dough using a wooden spatula. Don’t overmix.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C for ten minutes prior to baking. Prepare your baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough using an ice cream scooper (5 cm in size) and align them on the baking sheet 5 cm apart. Lightly press down the cookies with a spoon to flatten it a bit.
- Bake the cookies for 14 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- Once done baking, the cookie dough will still be soft. Let it cool down on the baking sheet for another 5 to 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.