For the Dough:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg 1/8 tsp salt
For the Custard filling:
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup hot water
Make the Dough:
- Cream butter. Add Sugar and salt and mix for 1 minute
- Add egg and mix well
- add flour and mix well. Note: add 1 tbsp of flour if the dough is wet
- Knead by hand to form a dough. Note: do not over knead
- wrap dough in clingwrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes
Make the Custard Filling:
- Dissolve sugar in hot water. Set aside and let it cool
- In a bowl whisk eggs
- Add simple syrup, evaporated milk and vanilla extract
- Mix well
- Strain custard mixture
Assemble and cook:
- Lightly grease tart molds
- get a small portion of dough and press into the mold to cover the bottom and press the sides too.
- Trim the excess dough. Repeat steps for the remaining dough
- pour custard mixture into the tart shells
- turn the heat down and place a tray inside.
- transfer the tart molds inside the pot. Warning: be careful the pot is HOT!
- Cover and cook for 20-25 min. Or do the toothpick check. If it comes out clean the egg tarts are cook.
- Cool completely before unmolding