From the name itself, this dessert is a combination of two yummy desserts we all love as Filipinos.
Now you can enjoy the flavor of Leche flan, in the form of a gulaman. Plus, it’s quicker and easier when it comes to preparation since no steaming is needed!
Try learning this recipe so you can have this dessert on your next party or big dinners.
Leche Gulaman Recipe
- 1 pack (25 g) unflavored yellow gelatin powder
- 5 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (300 ml) condensed milk
- 3 pcs eggs
- 3-4 drops vanilla extract
For Caramelized Sugar:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine the sugar and water in a pan. Cook over low heat and caramelize sugar until golden honey in color. Turn off heat.
- Pour caramelized sugar on the bottom of the mold. Set aside.
- In a pan, combine water and gelatin. Mix until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add beaten egg, condensed milk, and vanilla. Mix together.
- Turn on the stove and cook over medium heat. Keep stirring for 12 to 15 minutes or until it turns milky yellow in color.
- Once it boils, turn off the heat. Pour mixture into the mold with caramelized sugar at the bottom.
- Let it cool to set. Once it cooled, carefully unmold the leche gulaman into a serving dish.
- Serve now or chill in the ref for later.
Image: youtube.com (Sarapchannel)