- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ½ small green bell pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Combine the pineapple juice, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, and salt in a small bowl.
- Stir until the sugar and salt are dissolved
- Add the cornstarch and stir until well dispersed.
- Pour and heat the oil in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the bell peppers and cook, while stirring regularly, until softened.
- Add the liquid mixture and bring to a boil, while whisking regularly.
- Continue to cook, whisking regularly, for about 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat, let it cool and transfer to a container. Use for different dishes like lumpiang shanghai and rellenong hipon.