- 2 & ¼ lbs ground pork
- ½ tsp Prague powder #1
- 1 tsp sodium phosphate
- ¼ cup TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein)
- 1 tbsp Isolate
- ½ tsp Carrageenan
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp Anise Liquor
- 6 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika (for color)
- ½ tsp meat enhancer (optional)
- Mix the salt, Prague powder, phosphate, Anise liquor, and water in a large bowl.
- Add- in the TVP, Isolate, and Carrageenan.
- Add- in the ground pork followed by the sugar, garlic, paprika, ground black pepper, pineapple juice, and meat enhancer then mix thoroughly.
- Place inside the refrigerator for 12 hours and not any longer than this
- Shape and wrap the longganisa individually in sausage casings. (You can also shape the mixture over a wax or parchment paper).
- The finished product is ready to be cooked or stored for later. Enjoy!