Have you ever crave for street food out of nowhere? Like for instance, fish balls?
It’s not like you can find a street vendor anytime you want to. So why not learn how to make this at home?
You’d even be sure that it’s clean and preservative-free.
Learn how to make fresh fish balls at home and learn how to make the sauce that goes with it here!
Homemade Fish Ball Recipe
- 1 pc fish fillet
- 1 cup cornstarch
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 pc medium-sized onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp spring onion chopped
- 1/3 cup water
For the Sauce:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 pc small-sized onion chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 pcs bird’s eye chili chopped, or chili flakes (this is optional)
- 1 ½ tbsp cornstarch dissolve in 1 tbsp water
- Boil fish fillet in a pot water over medium heat until tender. Then mash the boiled fish fillet while it’s still hot. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together cornstarch, flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, mashed fish fillet, onion, garlic, spring onion and water.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Using two spoons, scoop fish ball batter on one spoon and try to shape it into a ball using the other spoon.
- Fry until slightly golden brown in color.
For the Sauce:
- Heat pan over medium heat then add 2 tbsp soy sauce, vinegar, water, brown sugar, onion, garlic, and bird’s eye chili (optional).
- Stir let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in the cornstarch dissolve in water to the sauce. Stir until the sauce becomes clear and thick.
- Turn off the heat. Let it cool. Transfer sauce into a jar or a bowl.