- 1 large fish (lapu- lapu, talakitok or apahap), cleaned.
- 1 regular-sized green papaya (juice squeezed out, the washed in salt and water salution).
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in water (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. ginger strips
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- After cleaning the fish, rub salt all over it and under the gills.
- Leave for ½ hour, then fry in advance, Drain and place in serving dish.
- To make vinegar sauce, Combine salt, sugar, and vinegar,
- Boil the mixture. Thicken with cornstarch, if desired. Blend well, then set aside.
- In a pan, sauté garlic, ginger strips, and onion.
- Add bell pepper and grated papaya, Saute until half cooked.
- While fish is still hot, top with sautéed spices.
- Pour vinegar sauce on top. Then serve.