- 200 grams salmon, about 1 fillet
- 14 pieces crab sticks
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons japanese mayo
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sriracha chili sauce, plus more to taste
- furikake seasoning, (for topping)
- 4 cups japanese rice, (or jasmine rice), cooked
- 1 1/2 tablespooon sushi vinegar, (or regular vinegar)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- nori wrapper, (Optional)
- Cook rice Japanese or jasmine rice to make 4 cups cooked rice. Set aside.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and bake at 250 degrees F or 180 degrees C for 15 minutes.
- Shred crabsticks, and set aside.
- Once salmon is baked, shred it into flakes.
- Mix salmon and crab sticks, add 1/3 cup Japanese mayo, cream cheese, and 1 tablespoon sriracha chili sauce. After mixing, add an additional 2 tablespoons Japanese mayonnaise and sprinkle pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Prepare the rice as the base of the sushi: Combine cooked rice with rice vinegar (you can also use regular vinegar or sushi vinegar) and sesame oil.
- Mix and flatten rice into an oven-proof glass container or casserole baking dish.
- Sprinkle furikake seasoning (Japanese rice seasoning) on top of the rice.
- Add the salmon and crab sticks mixture and spread over the rice layer.
- Top with Japanese mayo and sriracha chili sauce and sprinkle with more furikake seasoning.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool down a bit and serve with nori wrappers.