- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Condensed Milk
- 1 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Cheese, cut into strips
- Green and Red Food Color (you can use other color)
- In a bowl combine all-purpose flour and baking powder. Mix well and set aside. In another bowl combine condensed milk, melted butter, egg, water and vanilla. Mix well. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix until free of lumps.
- Divide mixtue into two equal portion. Add green and red food color on each mixture. Mix. Grease mold with melted butter or cooking oil. Pour puto mixture about 3/4 of the silicone mold. I’m using 1 tbsp measuring spoon to fill each mold. Put puto into the steamer. Put strip of cheese on top before steaming if you’re using regular cheese. So it will have time to melt a bit while steaming. If you’re using quickmelt cheese, put cheese over the puto after it cooked and steam it for another 1 minute.
- Cover and steam for 10 minutes over low heat. Wrap lid with cotton cloth to avoid water dripping over puto. After it cooked let it cool before removing from the mold.