Whenever the 4-month holiday season in our country, the Macaroni Salad becomes an instant celebrity.
Having this dish in our Noche Buena has been a family tradition of ours. And I believe a lot of families have them too.
This recipe we have is quite special as it has chicken and ham in it. If you haven’t attempted this combination before, give it a try!
Chicken Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 200 g elbow macaroni
- ½ kg chicken breast boiled and shredded
- 1 cup ham cut into square
- 2 pcs medium-sized carrot grated
- 165 g cheese cut into cubes
- 137 g can pineapple tidbits
- 100 g raisins
- 220 ml mayonnaise
- 2 pcs medium-sized onion chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package instruction. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- In a pot of boiling water with salt, put chicken and bring to a boil then lower the heat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain the water and let chicken cool down before shredding the chicken meat.
- In a bowl, put together all the ingredients, cooked macaroni, ham, onion, cheese, raisins, shredded chicken, grated carrots and crushed pineapple.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir until well incorporated. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.