- 1 kg chicken feet
- 2 to 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cup vinegar
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 1 head garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 to 2 bay leaves
- 5 to 6 peppercorns, cracked
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- Trim chicken feet of claws. Scrub well with salt, rinse in cold water and drain.
- In a pot over medium heat, combine chicken feet, water, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic minus 2 cloves, half of the onions, peppercorns, bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil, uncovered and without stirring, for about 3 to 5 minutes. Lower heat, cover and continue to cook until skin of feet begins to break and liquid is reduced.
- Remove from heat and drain, reserving liquid.
- In another pan over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add the remaining two cloves of garlic and half of onions. Cook, stirring regularly, until limp and aromatic.
- Add chicken feet to pan and cook, stirring regularly, for about 3 to 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add reserved liquid and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer until very tender (skin will begin to peel off from bones) and sauce is reduced.
- Add chili garlic sauce and season with salt to taste. Transfer to serving plate, enjoy!
Image: youtube.com (Living In The Moment)