Chicken Cordon bleu is a globally known dish described as chicken meat wrapped around cheese which is then breaded and fried.
Filipinos have embraced this dish and has become a staple viand when it comes to catered events.
Of course you could also try making these on your own and serve it at your own parties. Learn how to make these perfectly with this recipe.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- 4 pcs boneless chicken breast about 6 ounces each
- 12 slices thin sliced ham
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 pc raw egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 tsp butter softened
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine softened butter and salt then mix well.
- Place a piece of chicken breast in a flat surface then brush the top with the butter-salt mixture and sprinkle some paprika.
- Top the chicken breast with ham slices followed by the Swiss Cheese.
- Start rolling the chicken breast from one end to the other. Make sure that it is tightly rolled. You may use a toothpick to fasten the end of the chicken breast to keep it from rolling back.
- After rolling all the chicken breast, combine the remaining butter-salt mixture with egg and whisk until every ingredient is evenly distributed.
- Brush the outer part of the chicken breasts with the egg-butter-salt mixture then dredge in bread crumbs.
- Place the chicken breasts in a greased baking dish then bake for 25 minutes. (If the chicken is not fully cooked by this time, you can loosely cover it with aluminum foil and continue baking at lower temperature until the chicken is cooked.)
- Remove from the oven and slice into individual servings. Enjoy!