Have you tried cooking the popular Bicol Express dish with chicken instead of pork? Try this recipe and enjoy the spicy coconut flavors of the dish without the guilt!
Chicken Bicol Express Recipe
- 1 kg Chicken breast fillet
- 10 cups Coconut milk
- 2 pcs Siling haba (Finger chili) sliced into pieces
- 1 pc Siling labuyo (Red chili) cut into pieces
- 1 pc Medium-sized onion chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- 5 tbsp Sautéed shrimp paste (Bagoong)
- 1 tbsp Sugar optional
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Cooking oil
- In a pan, saute the onion and garlic, until soft and fragrant.
- Add- in the bagoong, siling labuyo, and siling haba. Then stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add- in the chicken then stir until color turns medium brown.
- Add- in the coconut milk. Then season with ground black pepper and bagoong if needed.
- Simmer until chicken is tender and the sauce thickens.