- ¼ cup sweet red bean paste
- 1& ½ cups sweet rice flour
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 2 to 3 cups cooking oil
- In a mixing bowl, form a dough by combining the sweet rice flour and water then mix well.
- Divide the dough into small separate individual pieces.
- Roll each individual piece of dough until a spherical (round) shape is formed.
- Make a hollow spot in the center of the round dough by pressing the center.
- Using a teaspoon or a small measuring spoon, scoop the sweet red bean paste and stuff it in the hollow space of the dough. Fill us much as you can but don’t overfill.
- Seal the dough and roll it once more until the shape is spherical again.
- Place the sesame seeds in a bowl then roll the dough over it. Make sure that the seeds stick on the dough.
- Heat the pan and pour-in the cooking oil.
- When the cooking oil is very hot, deep fry the dough until the sesame seed’s colorturns golden brown. This will take about 2 to 3 minutes.
- You now have cooked Buchi! Remove them from the pan and drain excess oil.
- Serve hot and enjoy!