Beef with broccoli is one of the obvious choices when it comes to picking a dish in Chinese restaurants.
Why not, we both get tender beef and a healthy vegetable at the same time, right?
But you don’t have go to a restaurant or spend a lot of money if you’re craving for one. With the help of this recipe, you’d be able to cook this yummy dish at home.
Beef With Broccoli Recipe
- 1 lb beef sirloin sliced thinly across the grain
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic finely minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cups water for blanching
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
For the Sauce:
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ pc beef cube dissolved in ½ cup water
For the Marinade:
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice wine
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl then marinate the beef for at least 20 minutes
- In a separate bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce and stir well. Set aside
- Pour the water in a cooking pot and let boil.
- Blanch the broccoli for a minute.
- Remove the broccoli from the cooking pot and soak in ice water for 10 to 20 seconds then drain excess water. Set aside
- Apply high heat on a wok or a frying pan then pour-in cooking oil when the pan is really hot.
- Put-in the beef and arrange so that all the slices directly touches the pan. Allow to cook for a minute.
- Flip the beef and allow the other side to cook then put-in the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Pour-in the sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli and cook for a minute.
- Stir-in the cornstarch (diluted in water) and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot with rice. Share and enjoy!