- 306 ml Condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 155 ml evaporated milk
- 1/8 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tsp calamansi juice or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- in a pan combine condensed milk, evaporated milk, calamansi juice and vanilla extract.
- Mix until well combined
- Cook over low heat and stir constantly. Cook for 45-50 minutes or until the texture is smooth and thick.
- When the mixture is smooth and thick turn the heat off and add the butter. Mix until melted and blended to the mixture.
- Set aside and let it cool completely
- When it is completely cooled transfer the Yema spread into the sterilized jar.
- Best Served with bread, biscuits, graham crakers or sponge cake.