- 2 medium carrots
- 2 pcs sweet potato
- 2 large white onions
- 2 green capsicum
- Cooking oil, for deep frying
For the Batter:
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 & 1/2 cups iced water
- Cut the vegetables into strips, about 4 inches long.
- Combine all vegetables in a large bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, and salt, then mix well.
- Mix the egg yolk with iced water then pour into flour mixture.
- Stir slightly and leave some flour unmixed.
- Add some ice to keep the batter icy cold.
- Add- in the vegetables and combine well into the batter.
- Pour and heat enough oil in a frying pan.
- Take a scoop of vegetable mixture using wire mesh strainer.
- Deep fry for 5 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Repeat until all the mixture are consumed.
- Drain on paper towels then serve with dipping sauce. Enjoy!