Have you tried these sweet tasty gems called toasted pastillas?
It’s the same pastillas but more crisp with bold caramelized flavor. These yummy dessert is already gaining nationwide fame as more and more people are selling their own branded toasted pastillas.
You can try making them too, whether for your own consumption or for business. Check out this recipe below:
Toasted Pastillas Recipe
- 2 cups powdered milk any brand
- 5 tbsp condensed milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Put milk powder in a bowl then gradually add-in the condensed milk. Mix with spoon or hand until it become dough-like in consistency.
- Shape or use a mold as desired. Then roll it in brown sugar.
- Place in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat toaster oven for 10 minutes. First, bake it for 5 minutes. Turn toaster selector to bake from the top.
- After 5 minutes turn the Pastillas. To even out the color. Then bake for another 5 minute until slightly toasted or until you achieve desired color.
- Then let it cool. Serve or store in a container for later.