Tinolang Manok or Chicken Tinola is a perfect soup for any season, especially during the rainy and cold months.
You may be familiar with its ingredients as its flavor is drawn mainly from the ginger, sayote, and chili leaves. But with this recipe, we will add an extra ingredient to enhance the flavor! Find out and try here:
Tinolang Manok Recipe
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 pc small onion minced
- 1 tbsp ginger crushed and sliced into strips
- 2 pcs pandan leaves
- 500 g chicken cuts assorted
- 3 cups water
- 1 pc sayote cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chili leaves (dahon ng sili)
- 2 pcs tomatoes seeded and quartered
- 1 pc chicken cube (optional)
- 1/2 cup patis for dipping
- In a pot, heat oil then saute garlic, onion, ginger, and pandan leaves.
- Add-in the chicken and cook covered for 10 minutes to let its natural juices out.
- Add-in water and sayote. Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until the sayote is soft but not overcooked.
- Add in chicken cube (optional). Then add chili leaves and tomatoes.
- Turn off heat and remove pandan leaves before serving. Serve with rice and patis as dipping sauce.
Image: youtube.com (Panlasang Pinoy)