Maja blanca is a very popular Filipino desserts yet most people (including me) doesn’t even know what it means. 🙂
All I know is that it is a coconut pudding with corn and that it taste really good.
This is a crowd pleaser in any handaan, so if I were you, I’d try learning this delicious recipe as well.
Special Maja Blanca Recipe
- 2 cups Thick coconut milk (First coconut extract)
- 2 cup Thin coconut milk (Second coconut extract)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup condensed milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 425 g sweet cream corn
- 1 cup cornstarch
- ¼ to ½ cup dessicated coconut
- In a pan, over medium heat, toast dessicated coconut until medium brown. Keep tossing the dessicated coconut so it won’t burn until you reach the desired color.
- Grease baking dish with butter. Set aside.
- In a pot pour thin coconut milk (second coconut extract) and bring to a boil.
- In medium heat add evaporated milk, sugar, condensed milk and sweet cream corn. Stir well until sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in thick coconut milk (First coconut extract).
- Add cornstarch mixture into milk mixture. Stir continuously until mixture thicken to a paste or until you reach desired thickness.
- Pour mixture in a greased baking dish or serving tray. Flatten top of the mixture. Leave to cool. Refrigerate for 1 hour to set. Sprinkle toasted dessicated coconut on top or latik.
Image: youtube.com (Sarapchannel)