Embutido, a very Pinoy style of meatloaf is always a star of any big occasion. It’s even the favorite pabaon to guests as they leave the place.
I find this a special recipe since it has the basic ingredients of what an embutido has and more. For sure, this will burst out flavor in every bite.
Try this recipe for your next party.
Special Embutido Recipe
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 12 pcs vienna sausage (or 6 pcs hotdogs cut in half lengthwise)
- 3 pcs hard boiled eggs sliced
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 pcs raw eggs
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup red bell pepper minced
- 1 cup green bell pepper minced
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup carrots minced
- 1 cup onion minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups bread crumbs made by placing 4 slices of tasty bread in a food processor. (or tear the bread apart)
- Place the ground pork in a large container
- Add the bread crumbs then break the raw eggs and add it in. Mix well
- Put-in the carrots, bell pepper (red and green), onion, pickle relish, and cheddar cheese. Mix thoroughly
- Add the raisins, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper then mix well.
- Place the meat mixture in an aluminum foil and flatten it.
- Put in the sliced vienna sausage and sliced boiled eggs alternately on the middle of the flat meat mixture.
- Roll the foil to form a cylinder — locking the sausage and egg in the middle if the meat mixture. Once done, lock the edges of the foil.
- Place in a steamer and let cook for 1 hour.
- Place inside the refrigerator until temperature turns cold
- Slice and serve.