- 2 cups buko juice (coconut water)
- 1 pc young coconut, extract meat by scraping into strings
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups evaporated or fresh milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Combine cornstarch and buko juice in a saucepan. Stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Heat the mixture on medium heat until it starts to boil. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes, until it thickens like syrup.
- Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar then stir until it fully dissolves.
- Let it cool down a little bit before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk, fresh milk, and the optional vanilla extract.
- Stir thoroughly until well blended.
- Add the coconut meat strings and mix well.
- Test the taste of your mixture and add sugar if needed.
- Using a funnel and ladle, pour the mixture into 5″ long ice candy wrappers (use a pitcher if you don’t have a funnel).
- Tie the top tightly and trim excess plastic from the knot.
- Arrange ice candy in the freezer and freeze.
- Serve and enjoy!