If you’re craving for a local refreshing drink, then there’s nothing more Pinoy than the classic Sago At Gulaman!
If you’re not yet familiar, it’s simply a blend of jelly, tapioca, syrup, and crushed ice. It is a perfect drink during summer or the middle of a hot day!
Sago At Gulaman Drink Recipe
- 1 can 540 g grass jelly (gulaman)
- 1 cup tapioca pearl (sago)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Crushed or chunks of ice
- Cook tapioca pearl according to package instruction: Put tapioca pearl in boiling water. Cook until sago becomes translucent. Drain and set aside.
- Open can of grass jelly and using a strainer drain excess liquid. Cut grass jelly into cubes and set aside.
- For the arnibal (sugar syrup): Put brown sugar in a pot. Stir continuously in low heat until the brown sugar starts to caramelize. Quickly put water into the caramelized sugar and stir until it’s completely dissolve. Set it aside and let it cool.
- In a deep container or bowl, add water, arnibal, and vanilla then mix well.
- Then add cooked tapioca pearl, grass jelly, and chunks of ice. Serve!