- 1 pack (400 g) Del Monte spaghetti (you may use a different brand)
- 2 pouches (200 g each) Del Monte carbonara sauce (you may use a different brand)
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 cans (155 g each) tuna chunks in oil (drained, reserve oil)
- ⅓ tbsp grated cheddar cheese
- ⅔ cup canned sliced mushroom
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind (optional)
- Sauté mushrooms in butter or margarine for 3 minutes (if using tuna in oil, include the reserved oil in sautéing).
- Add tuna and lemon juice then cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the carbonara sauce and pasta broth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add grated cheese and lemon rind.
- Pour over cooked spaghetti.
- Top with extra cheese if desired.