- 1 cup medium grain rice
- ¼ cup glutinous rice
- enough water to cover rice
- ¾ cup + 1 tbsp sugar
- In a container (best to use an earthen ware bowl), combine medium grain rice, glutinous rice and water.
- Soak the mixture for 2 days.
- Drain the rice reserving the liquid, place rice in food processor or blender then blend in high speed while slowly adding water a teaspoon at a time.
- Continue to blend and add water until the consistency resembles pancake batter.
- Once texture is smooth place mixture back to the container then cover with glad-wrap.
- Place small holes on the glad wrap by pricking it with toothpicks, this will let the mixture breathe during the fermentation process.
- Place in a warm place then let it ferment for 3-4 days.
- After 3 or 4 days the consistency of the mixture would be thicker, gently fold sugar into the mixture.
- Pour into greased mould then steam for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from moulds then serve.