Pork Monggo or Ginisang Munggo with Pork is a sautéed soupy dish made up mainly of the said ingredients.
As a kid, I remembered this is the way my parents would make me eat vegetables. It’s not only nutritious but also easy to cook! So why not try cooking this at home!
Pork Monggo Recipe
- 1/2 kg pork cut into strips or cubed
- 1 cup mung beans (monggo)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup ampalaya leaves
- 2 tbsp patis or to taste
- 2 cups water
- Rinse the mung beans in running water.
- In a pan, boil mung beans in 2 1/2 cups water. Cook until tender.
- In another pan, heat the vegetable oil and saute the pork. Render the fat from the pork.
- Add the garlic, onion, and tomatoes.
- Season with fish sauce. Cook for few minutes.
- Add the cooked mung beans together with the water.
- Add ampalaya leaves and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
Image: youtube.com (Panlasang Pinoy)