Pork asado is a common everyday dish of Chinese origin. It could be enjoyed with steamed rice or as a siopao filling.
If you want to have this for your dinner today, cooking it at home is very easy! See for yourself with this recipe:
Pork Asado Recipe
- ½ kg pork menudo cut
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pc medium sized onion sliced
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp white sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch diluted in 1/3 cup water
- Cooking oil
- Pour and heat oil in a pan then saute onion and garlic until limp and aromatic.
- Add pork stir until the meat turns white in color.
- Add water, cook pork over medium heat until becomes tender.
- Once the pork is tender add sugar, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Pour cornstarch diluted in water then stir until the sauce thickens.
- Turn off the heat, transfer into a bowl or a serving dish.