I just love the taste of our very own version of pork barbeque. It’s the perfect food on summer vacations, parties, and even on the street!
But do you know how to make a really tasty sauce for this goodies? Learn how to make a good marinade with this easy recipe:
Pinoy Pork Barbeque Recipe
- 3 kg pork (shoulder or butt) sliced to 1-inch wide and 1/4-inch thick
- 2 liters 7-up
- 4 cups soy sauce
- 4 cups vinegar
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 6 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups garlic peeled and minced
- 5 pcs chili peppers minced
- 2 cups oyster sauce
- 2 cups banana ketchup
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 100 pcs barbeque sticks
- Rinse pork strips and drain well. Pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine 7-up, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, black pepper, garlic, chili peppers and 1 cup of the oyster sauce.
- Add pork and massage meat to fully incorporate. Marinate, turning meat once or twice, in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results.
- In a bowl, combine remaining 1 cup of oyster sauce, banana ketchup, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Thread 2 to 3 meat slices onto each barbeque stick.
- Grill meat over hot coals for about 2 to 3 minutes each side.
- When pork starts to lose its pink color, baste with oyster sauce-ketchup mixture
- Continue to grill and baste, turning on sides, until meat is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Image: youtube.com (Panlasang Pinoy)