Pancakes or hotcakes are one of our favorite breakfast food. It comes in a variety of flavors and syrups like chocolate and blueberry pancakes.
Filipinos are no exception when it comes to making their own unique style of serving pancakes. You’d often see Pinoy-style hotcakes sold by street vendors or in carinderias. If you’re into this taste, try making them at home with this recipe!
Pinoy Hotcake Recipe
- 1 cup Flour
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 235 ml Milk
- 1 pc Egg
- 1 dash Yellow food color
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- Margarine for topping
- Sugar for topping
- In a bowl, mix together beaten egg and milk. Then add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and stir.
- Add cooking oil and a dash of yellow food color then stir until the batter is smooth.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan over low fire.
- Pour in 1 ladle of batter into the pan. Flip when the surface starts to bubble.
- Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Repeat doing this until you finish all the batter.
- Spread the margarine on top and sprinkle with sugar while the hotcake is still hot.
Image: youtube.com (Team Bequette)