- 2 kg pork liempo (pork belly)
- 1 thumb- size ginger
- 1 head garlic
- 2 stalks leeks
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- Water, for boiling
- Cooking oil, for the deep frying
- First, place the pork liempo in a pot and fill it with water.
- Add the ginger, garlic, leeks, bay leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the pot and allow to boil until the liempo becomes soft.
- Hang the pork liempo to dry.
- When the liempo is dry, begin to deep fry in cooking oil, until the liempo is crisp.
- Season with fish sauce.
- Chop into smaller pieces before serving.