3 large green, unripe mangoes
382.5 g vinegar
200 g sugar
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 Thai chili pepper, chopped (optional)
- Wash jar and lids with warm soapy water and rinse well. In a deep pot, place jars and hot water to cover. Boil for 10 minutes. Remove from pot and drain.
- Peel mangoes and cut on both sides to separate checks. Slice each check into about 1/2-inch thick slivers.
- Arrange sliced mangoes into the sterilized jar.
- Add chopped chili pepper.
- In a saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, and salt. Over high-heat, Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the salt and sugar.
- Pour the brine over the sliced green mangoes, filling the jar to within 1/2 inch of the top. Gently tap jars against the counter to remove any bubbles and add more brine as needed.
- Cover with tight-fitting lid. Let cool to room temperature and refrigerate for about 48 hours before opening to allow flavors to develop.