- 2 cups deremen
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 cups sugar
- coconut strips from 2 young coconuts
- 1 bunch pandan leaves
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cup water
- In a large bowl soak deremen in water and set aside for an hour.
- In a non-stick wok combine together coconut milk and sugar, add the pandan leaves and salt, place in medium heat then let it slowly boil while constantly mixing
- Drain the deremen then add it into the wok.
- Add the coconut strips.
- Remove the pandan leaves, lower the heat to medium low then continuously mix the rice cake, this will get harder once it starts to dry out.
- When the mixture dries out all the coconut cream, continue to cook further while constantly mixing this will take around 35-40 minutes.
- Once it’s totally dry and very sticky, turn the heat off.
- Place rice cake in a banana leaf lined serving platter. Flatten to 1½ inch thick, refrigerate before serving