- Pancit bihon or rice noodles
- Tinapa or smoked fish, deboned/ filleted and crispy fried in very little oil
- Ground pork
- Prawns, peeled and de-veined
- Chicharon baboy or pork rinds, pulverized
- Achuete, soaked in water
- Spring onions, chopped
- Garlic, chopped
- Onion, chopped
- Hard boiled eggs, sliced
- Pork boullion cubes
- Patis (fish sauce), to taste
- Black pepper
For the Sauce:
- Saute ground garlic and onion, then add pork cube.
- Add- in the ground pork.
- Add- in the patis, black pepper, achuete water, and a bit more water to create a sauce.
- Simmer until ground pork is cooked.
- Add- in the prawns.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in about 1/2 cup water, then add onto the simmering sauce.
For the Bihon:
- Boil about 1 liter to 1 & 1/2 liter water for the bihon.
- Add- in some salt.
- Once water is boiling, add bihon and cook until tender (or al dente).
- Make sure to keep an eye while cooking bihon to avoid overcooking, otherwise, it will turn soggy or pasty.
- Drain well.
How to Serve:
- Put a serving of drained bihon on a plate.
- Pour over the pork sauce; add pulverized chicharon and crispy fried tinapa bits on top.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and sliced hard boiled eggs.
- Serve with sliced calamansi on the side.