Have you ever seen those cute little puto (rice cake) served at parties or buffet restaurants? You can also make them at home. Have them for snacking or for your own parties as well.
In fact, it can also be a good for selling to earn extra income. Learn this recipe and try to make them in different colors!
Mini Puto Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pc egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cheese (regular or quickmelt cheese) cut into strips, for toppings
- Food color yellow and violet or any color you like
- Mini Puto molds or silicone cups
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. In another bowl, combine all wet ingredients as well.
- Add-in the dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix well until free of lumps.
- Divide mixture into two equal portions. Color each mixture with food color (yellow, violet) or any color of your choice.
- Pour ¾ of the batter in each silicone cups then transfer it in the steamer.
- Put cheese on top of the batter before steaming if you’re using regular cheese. If you’re using quickmelt cheese, put it only when it’s already cooked and steam for another 1 minute.
- Cover steamer with lid wrap in cloth or cheese cloth to avoid water dripping in the puto.
- Steam for 10 minute in low heat. Remove from steamer and let it cool before removing from the silicone cups. Enjoy!
Image: youtube.com (Sarapchannel)