Aside from Jollibee’s Chicken Joy, another famous fried chicken in the country is Max’s fried chicken. Unlike Jollibee’s, it’s not fast food, it doesn’t have crispy skin, and quite surprisingly, it’s great with banana ketchup!
Do you love Max’s fried chicken also? Then, try cooking fried chicken at home- Max’s style! This recipe will help you achieve a copycat taste so try it now!
Max's Style Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole spring chicken
- 6 pcs dried bay leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups cooking oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- In a steamer, pour the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the dried bay leaves and chopped cilantro in the boiling water
- Steam the chicken for 45 minutes
- Remove the chicken from the steamer and allow the excess liquid to drip. Let the chicken cool down.
- Rub salt and pepper all over the chicken.
- In a deep-fryer or tall pot, pour the cooking oil and apply heat.
- When the cooking oil is hot enough, deep-fry the chicken for about 12 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the fryer and allow oil to drip.
- Serve hot with fried kamote, Worcestershire sauce, and banana ketchup.
Image: youtube.com (PagkaingPinoyTV)