- 1 pc chicken cube or 2 tsp chicken powder
- 1 pc beef cube or 2 tsp beef powder
- 3 tbsp butter or vegetable shortening
- 5 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups water
- Make a broth by diluting the beef and chicken cubes in water. Set aside.
- Melt the butter by heating it in a saucepan under low heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour to the melted butter.
- Cook in low heat while continuously stirring for 7 to 8 minutes or until the colorturns medium brown (be extra cautious, there is a tendency that the flour might burn when overcooked or if high heat is applied).
- Add the remaining flour and continue stirring.
- Gradually add the chicken and beef broth while continuously stirring to prevent lumps from forming.
- Put the heat to medium and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cook for another 5 minutes more while stirring once in a while, until the texture thickens.
- Serve hot with fried chicken or mashed potato.
- Share and enjoy!