- 3 cups glutinous rice flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 & ½ cup warm water
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, roasted
- ½ cup dates, pitted and chopped
- In a mixing bowl, combine the warm water and the brown sugar then mix well.
- Add in the glutinous rice flour with the water and brown sugar mixture then mix thoroughly.
- Add the pitted chopped dates then mix until every ingredient is well distributed.
- Transfer the glutinous rice flour mixture into a greased round cake pan.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
- Prepare steamer and steam for 45 minutes (cover the top part with cheesecloth to avoid water dripping into the tikoy).
- Remove the tikoy from the cake pan and transfer to a wax paper or cling wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- Take the tikoy out of the refrigerator.
- Cook using your desired method: re-steam, microwave, or dip in beaten eggs then fry. Enjoy!