Sweet and sour sauce is a must-have dip at home. It’s great for a lot of fried dishes that we Pinoys love.
There are quite a number of choices for this sauce in the grocery stores. It’s convenient, but sacrifices other things like being natural and fresh.
Not to worry because you can make this at home! Learn how with this recipe:
Homemade Sweet & Sour Sauce Recipe
- 1-2 tbsp catsup
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Salt to taste
- Hot sauce optional
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, white vinegar, water, browns sugar, catsup, hot sauce, salt, and cornstarch.
- Heat a saucepan and pour in the sauce.
- Bring the sauce to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir until the sauce becomes quite thick.
- Turn off the heat and transfer into a bowl or any container.
Image: youtube.com (Sarapchannel)