Skinless longganisa is a popular breakfast ulam in the country since it’s quick to cook and it matches perfectly with fried rice and eggs.
You may have bought them in supermarkets before but did you know you can easily make them on your own!
Try it and you’d even be sure you only use quality ingredients! Check this recipe out.
Homemade Skinless Longganisa Recipe
- 800 g ground pork
- 9 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 tbsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 heads garlic
- Peel the skin off the garlic cloves. Crush thoroughly using mortar and pestle. Mince the crushed garlic. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground pork along with all of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Cover the bowl. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Shape the longganisa by laying a sheet of wax paper on a flat surface. Scoop around 3 tablespoons of mixture and put over the wax paper. Fold the wax paper from top to down until the mixture covered. Hold the edge of the paper with your fingers and then slide the card towards the mixture. Push a bit more until a sausage shape is formed.
- Do this step until the entire mixture is consumed.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Cook and serve for breakfast.