Potato chips are the ultimate nibblers. It’s great with picnics, pica-pica, while binge-watching, and others.
But we don’t have to buy those preservative-filled chips from the supermarket every time. Of course there’s a more natural and guilt-free way. How? By making these at home! Try this homemade recipe here:
Homemade Potato Chips Recipe
- 3 pcs large potatoes
- 1 tbsp salt
- Cold water
- Cooking oil for frying
- Seasoning of choice Sour cream, onion powder, salt, etc
- Cut potatoes into very thin slices. You can use a peeler or a metal cheese slicer. As you slice soak them in a bowl of water to prevent it from turning brown. Drain water and rinsed the slice potatoes.
- Fill a bowl with cold water. Add salt into the water and mix. Put potato slices into the water. Let it soak for 30 minutes to remove starch from the potatoes. Then drain water and rinse the potatoes.
- Pat-dry each potatoes using tissue paper or paper towel so when we fry the potatoes the oil won’t splatter.
- Heat oil in a pan. Dip bamboo stick into the oil when the its surrounding bubbles it means it’s ready to fry.
- Fry potato slices in batches. Fry until the edges of the potatoes are brown, but you can still fry them a little bit longer. Drain oil in tissue paper.
- Season potato chips with flavor of choice.
Image: youtube.com (Sarapchannel)